Responsible Gaming Steps
What measures can I take to ensure I am playing responsibly?
If you choose to play online, there are some helpful tips that can help make your playing experience safer:
1. Play for fun and entertainment, and not as a way of making money
2. Play with money that you can afford to lose. Never use money that you need for important living expenses
3. Set sensible deposit limits and ensure you never deposit more than you can afford to lose
4. Never chase losses. If you lose money, take a break for a few minutes. Don't play higher stakes to try and recoup your losses
5. Don't play when you are upset, tired, angry or depressed. Decision making is affected by a negative state of mind.
6. Balance your playing with other activities. Take regular breaks and find other forms of entertainment so playing does not become too big a part of your life